Sunday, August 25, 2013

Get Outdoors!

I celebrated the cooler weather earlier this month, with open windows in August.  It was truly glorious, but the real August weather has returned and the air conditioner is once again, running.  This past week has been wonderful and very accomplished, but my back was up against the wall, so to speak with some web decisions, and the stress was noticeable.  I didn't get to be outdoors enjoying the cool refreshing weather as much as I had hoped to.

In my mind, I could hear my Grandma's voice talking to my cousins and I, when we were kids.  Anytime someone had to be cooped up for a time with an illness or when we were at her house and started getting a bit rambunctious, she say, "Go out and blow the stink off!"  Our bodies need Vitamin D and sunshine is one of the best sources.

Whether it's cabin fever, spring fever, or just cooped up on a project, we need to take time to be outdoors.  I can't say for certain, but there's no Scriptural evidence of a building in the Garden of Eden!   I would even hazard a guess, as to say, too much time under fluorescent lights and in small cubicles is probably causing the increase use of psychotropic medications, anti-depressants, and mood elevators.  Not to mention, blood pressure issues and heart palpitations.  I'm just mentioning the things I thought I could have experienced, if the pressure I faced this week for one project, was a lifestyle rather than a single event.  I felt myself, just longing to be outdoors, in the sunshine.

I went to bed one evening, fully aware that I would not do well in the general work force.  It's an amazing blessing to work from home and be able to go outdoors any time.  I was working so hard the other evening, and right up to the window appeared Avalon, letting me know, the sun wasn't waiting.  It was time to do chores.  The sun just doesn't shine indoors.  We truly do need to make a point of embracing the great outdoors and healthy dose of Vitamin D.

No comments:

Post a Comment