Sunday, September 1, 2013

Green Beans

Since I have been blessed with a plethora of green beans, I did a bit of research between picking and canning and freezing . . . I find it interesting that green beans are said to actually help boost the body's ability to produce insulin.  What a great thing to know in this diabetes plague!  The problem, is this.  People cannot gain access to this wonderful remedy designed by our Creator without either growing their own or finding a friend who will share.

Food co-ops are regulated through the roof, and to obtain the certification of "organic" to sell at Farmer's Markets is an expensive outrage.  Now, with this information, many would call me a conspiracy theorist, that our government uses the USDA and FDA to limit the population's access to natural remedies.  Well, call me what you want.  This is the information I discovered!

The USDA and FDA approve all sorts of genetic engineering, herbicides, pesticides, as just regular run of the mill products, but to be certified organic is a relatively invasive procedure and costly.  I can't help but wonder, since green beans are so vital in insulin production and diabetes is so rampant, if perhaps the meddling has rendered the fresh produce and canned goods, impotent in their nutritional support.

Here's the deal and I've got photos to back me.  I, do have a two rows of green beans that are approximately thirty feet in length, but I made a point of measuring off a section.  These, of course, are not stemmed, washed or snapped, but this harvest was picked from just two feet of beans.  I'd already harvested from those plants four days earlier and there were small beans already formed for at least one more picking of this same general amount.

Point being, I would rather go to the trouble to figure out a way to raise fresh organic produce as think about taking a shot the rest of my life and all the potential health issues that come with diabetes.  Green beans aren't a cure for diabetes.  That's the thing about natural and organic.  If we begin to eat healthier, a diagnosis of a health condition may never occur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment