Sunday, August 18, 2013

We are Quickly Approaching Autumn

We, naturalists, have to be very careful in how we make recommendations, so we are not "practicing medicine without a license."  I'm not practicing medicine, I'm seeking the health designed by our Creator, and sharing what I find, when I think it might be helpful to others.

Before I left mainstream medicine, I didn't get flu shots.  I had one experience, many years ago as a child, that left me completely sure, I wouldn't do that again, and I didn't.  Of course leaving the promoted medical preferences of our society has gotten me a lot of advice, but . . . for whatever reason, people who believe in pharmaceuticals can give advice all day long and they don't incur problems about practicing without a licence.

What is posted below, I haven't tried yet.  I just found it this week, and wanted to share it.  I'm not so sure about waiting until symptoms occur.  I promote more of a preventative plan.  Extra garlic in dinner entrees and extra Vitamin C at breakfast is a great idea when school starts, throughout the cold and flu season.  

I will offer this.  Garlic is a natural immune builder or maybe it just causes other folks to keep a distance . . . kidding.  Garlic is great for the immune system.  Ginger and cayenne are both wonderful for stomach issues, and honey and lemon are great for scratchy throats.

Do with this as you will. We're just making the information readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment