Sunday, November 3, 2013

Seasonal Aches and Pains

Many I speak with have "body issues" as the weather changes.  Health issues is a bit strong to use in the description, but for some of us the body does let us know the weather is changing.  This isn't about colds and flu, it's about old injury spots, arthritis, and some syndromes such as fibromyalgia.  I have MS, and to be honest, it does a little better in the cooler weather, but the old injuries I've sustained from the falls serve as unpleasant reminders in cooler weather.

I don't take any pharmaceuticals, including over the counter analgesics.  I know people who take pain relievers regularly, and not only are they potentially addictive, but there are so many side effects that can cause other problems.  As an herbalist, I can tell you even in using what our Creator provided, we need to remember, if something contains properties to address symptoms effectively, then it can also offer some adverse properties when used improperly.  I do have some herbal capsules on hand, a natural remedy cabinet, but I prefer topical oils and ointments.

When I broke my arm last year, YHWH gave me a wonderful formula to be applied topically for pain relief.  CHINICREEN is in big demand at Tribally Yours!  I also have formulated a balm for sore muscles.  So many people literally live in pain, and our society is so programmed to "pop a pill" for everything, that we may be making ourselves sicker than we know.  Keep in mind, even what we put on our skin is absorbed into the body, but it does bypass the stomach, where many pain relievers can cause serious side affects.

Our Creator knew what was coming before He ever created us, so He did create the remedies we would need.  Please, as the winter weather causes those old aches and pains, consider a natural remedy, a truly natural remedy.  If you are reading this, then you have access to Google.  Check ingredients before putting anything in or on your body!

If you choose to take the natural route, be sure to check the carrier oil in the contents as well.  Mineral oil is a petroleum product!


No comments:

Post a Comment