Sunday, November 10, 2013

Necessity Truly is the Mother of Invention

When my daughter was coming to visit last month, she called the day before and asked if I could "come up with something" for little Zoey, she's teething.  No pressure there . . . My great granddaughter's first visit and I certainly wanted her to be comfortable and have fun!   My heart just breaks for teething babies.  They don't have any sense of biting yet, so they don't know to put on the pressure.  They cry and they drool and they can't tell us about it.  Then once the crying starts, the nose runs, and they're just miserable.

So, right away, I got busy on the project.  It was only experimental, so I didn't make a large amount and I didn't come up with any way to preserve it.  Actually, I was simply in G-ma mode, without any thought to another product for the company.  That's something I'm learning though.  If something does help, aid in comfort or soothes, I should at least make it available.  Since there is expense in making natural products, I can't just give it away, but I do keep the costs low.

So, they finally arrived and little Miss Zoey and I rocked and talked, while her mama and g-ma brought in all their stuff.  My granddaughter, brought all the OTC supplies for teething, but was hoping to avoid medicating her baby.  When the baby did start to get fussy and putting her fists to her mouth, my granddaughter asked if I'd made anything.  I had, but other than tasting it myself, I had no idea if it would be effective, so I told her to try it and my daughter tried it and we all concurred that the baby could try it.

Within a couple of minutes the fussing stopped.  It was all natural, so the timing wasn't an issue and that sweet little girl didn't need any of the OTC supplies her mama had brought.  It was effective, but it needed a preservative to be safe.  The formula to include a preservative began immediately after the visit and we've even had an adult with a tooth ache get relief from this formula.  We'll be unveiling "tootheeZe" in the next catalogue from the Land of Goshen.  A wonderful product with a clove base.

No comments:

Post a Comment