Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Quick Fix Doesn't Fix Anything



I take ASPIRIN for the headache caused by the ZYRTEC I take for the hay fever I got from RELENZA for the uneasy stomach from the RITALIN I take for the short attention span caused by the SCOPODERM TTS I take for the motion sickness I got from the LOMOTIL I take for the diarrhea caused by the ZERIKAL for the uncontrolled weight gain from the PAXIL I take for the anxiety from the ZOPOR I take for my high cholesterol because EXERCISE, and A GOOD DIET,are too much trouble! Please note, I looked up these drugs, their uses and their side effects... it's not a perfect chain, but it makes a valid point. We live in a world where there is a pill for just about everything. We take poor care of our own body and seek some quick and easy fix when things go wrong. When we have a headache, we take an aspirin to dull the pain. If we have a cold, we take a cough syrup to lessen the cough and a decongestant to rid us of the stuffy head. When we have heartburn we take an antacid to reduce the pain and discomfort. We could take a different route. 

No comments:

Post a Comment