Sunday, May 12, 2013

Let's Talk Deodorants and Antiperspirants

Let your lymph nodes breathe. Now I realize we can't do that all the time and I'm not advocating that we should not be "fit for polite society." What I am saying, is choose some times that you ditch the underarm amenity and allow your sweat glands the right to function as they were created to do.

First, for the same of those you love, care about, or have to be around, wear it to work and school. What I'm suggesting here, is say when you're going to be doing something fairly independently like bicycling, working out, gardening, going to the gym, or whatever you do that you know you'll be getting dirty, working up a sweat, and be showering after. That's when you live and be free and don't worry about a little underarm perspiration. As a matter of fact, we need to be worrying about no underarm perspiration.

To be blunt, if you do allow your body to function normally as we were created to do, then realize we were designed to do that much detoxing on a regular basis. Again, I'm not suggesting we go through life offending those in our "circle of influence" or standing down wind . . . but when the intent is to get dirty or work up a sweat, do just that!

I remember a discussion I had with my buddy-in-law last year about working the land. Working up a sweat in all the good clean dirt, then the exhilarating feeling of that dirt washing away in the shower and the earthy feeling that evoked.

As a woman, I can honestly say, a shower after a deodorant-free detoxing session in the garden gives me the same sense of release and cleansing, as a good cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment